- Below are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions
If you don't ask, they won't tell.Q: Why do I get cavities?
A: Cavities are caused by multiple factors in the mouth, including diet, hygiene, and the type and concentration of bacteria in the mouth. Excessive amounts of cavity-causing bacteria can cause cavities even if a patient has good dental hygiene and diet. CariFree products are designed to treat the cavity-causing bacteria.
Q: I brush and floss regularly, doesn’t that prevent cavities?
A: Brushing and flossing are essential to maintaining oral health, but these activities may not completely prevent dental decay. A cavity-causing bacterial infection in the mouth must be treated with prescription anti-microbials like the CariFree Treatment Rinse in order to restore oral health.
Q: Should I suggest that the rest of my family be tested?
A: Yes. Due to similarities in diet, oral hygiene and the potential to transmit the cavity-causing bacteria within a household, it is suggested that everyone in the household be screened.
Q: Is the CariFree test and treatment expensive?
A: No, in fact it’s very inexpensive. The CariScreen test usually only takes a minute or two to perform and is very affordable. If you have a moderate to high risk of getting a dental cavity, the cost of the whole test and treatment programme together is usually less than one small filling. Contact a CariFree dentist for more pricing information.
Q: Is the CariScreen test hard and is it painful?
A: The CariScreen test only takes about one minute to perform. It is not painful. The dentist only rubs six teeth with a swab, places the swab in a meter, and reads the results. That’s all there is to it.
Q: Is the CariFree treatment programme difficult to use?
A: No, the CariFree treatment programme is very easy to use. The CariFree Treatment Rinse is an anti-microbial rinse used once a day or as directed for one minute until the entire product is used. The Maintenance Rinse is used once or twice a day as directed by your dentist and is essential to maintaining a healthy oral environment.